Friday, March 12, 2010

Things I learned from the Movie "Cop Out"

Went to the movie "Cop Out" staring Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan Directed by Kevin Smith.

Couldn't decide what movie to go to last night. When Billy Joe's was still open it was easy, there wasn't a choice. What ever was show we went to, unless it was a non-horror musical. For what ever reason I am so over musicals right now. There were a few movies on the "to choose from list":Brooklyn’s Finest, Cop Out, The Crazies, Crazy Heart. I was feeling that a light comedy was a perfect fit for the night so Cop Out was agreed to albeit begrudgingly with Mike. The movie was exactly what I thought it would be, and homage to 80's cop movie partner flicks.

With all that here a few of the things I learned:

I learned that I may be the only person on Earth that thinks Tracy Morgan is funny. It only took for me to realize that Tracy doesn't act, he really is that person and not playing that person. He is a riot.

I learned to tell us about the chicken

I learned that if coworkers are making fun of you and your partner, call your partner sitting next to you and talk about the co-workers in front of them like they aren't there.. When done hang up and say it was nothing.


I learned some boots you don't wear, they wear you.


I learned they call me Mr. Tibbs


I learned that cop comedies with partners for 9 years is funnier that just paired partners.


I learned that Kevin Smith, while too fat for Southwest Airlines, he can direct something he didn't write


I that learned that if it bleeds we can kill it.


I may be one of the only people that find Tracy Morgan funny. I really started liking him once I realized he doesn't act. What you see on the screen is how he is in real life. And that is indeed funny.



I learned Stiffler likes to do parkour, while his cell mate can knit the fuck out of a sweater.


If you take Earl and remove his beard he turns into a rich dick.


I learned that these are not the droids you are looking for.


If a step dad pays for a wedding the ex-wife feels that gives him the right to give the step daughter away at the wedding.


If the step dad tries to stand up to give her away your partner should put the barrel of his gun in the step dad's back and tell him to sit down


I learned we are going to need a bigger boat.


I learned if you nanny cam you wife to see if she is cheating on you. You should watch it all and not just the sexy beginning.


I learned Adam Brody and Kevin Pollak should be played by [insert like looking actor here ugh cant remember his name] and Robert DeNiro, to which Kevin Pollak will change his face to look just like De Niro


I learned that it is best if your boots are made from endangered animals like sea turtles or zebras


I learned you Told Harpo to beat me.


I learned that while your person you are protecting is being questioned by an interpreter eating chips and salsa can be loud


I learned when Tracy Morgan tries to get a suspect to talk he uses lines from movies


I learned that yes they deserved to die, and I hope the burn in hell.


I learned that nobody puts baby in a corner.


I leaned that Bruce Willis killed 11 people tonight



I learned Duck Season. Rabbit Season


I learned that an Andy Pafko card sold for $83,870.00


I learned Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

I learned it was her gay cousin. IT WAS HER GAY COUSIN!

Song of the day: Elastica "Stutter" just catchy with funny lyrics


1 comment:

  1. I learned many things also.

    -Any movie Kevin Smith directs is going to reference a lot of other movies (not necessarily a bad thing).
    -That movie will probably also have a good mix of music.
    -If you are a cop and beat up a kid and steal his bike, you will probably be filmed.
    -That film will end up on THE youtube.
    -When someone says they saw that video you should say "You saw that?Guess how many hits I got?", pull out a baton, and beat someone in the knee.
    -Homage can be pronounced a couple different ways.
    -You shouldn't wear a dead man's boots.
    -Tracy Morgan isn't afraid to hit a little kid.
    -Even though you are in your thirties it is still fun to repeat everything people say and try to say the same thing they say at the same time.
    -It is fun to tell knock, knock jokes in the back seat of a police car.
    -Especially if one of the cops doesn't want you to.
    -Jimmy in Spanish is pronounce "HIMIE"
    -Tracy Morgan is not so good at undercover work.
    -There is a right way, a wrong way, and the Bruce Willis/Tracy Morgan way to do police work...which may or may not be a compliment.
    -Tracy Morgan loses a lot of badges.
    -The in lobby prop for the new Marmaduke movie is fabulous.

    Decent flick, not great but entertaining. It seemed like we were laughing a lot more than most in the theater.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!