Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Miles To Empty


Part of me wants to see how accurate the computer really is. But the biggest part of me has no interest in being out of gas on the side of the road so I suspect I will get gas tonight before bowling league. Strangely enough, I have never been been driver of a car that has broken down on the side of the road. When the Contour died, it died as I pulled into the lot at work. I have been in cars that have run out of gas, but I sure wasn't driving.
I would suppose that with a lot of things in life it would be nice to know how many more miles you had left. But then that might take some of the fun out of what is coming up next. Over at Run Fat Cam Run I am trying to keep an account of what is going on with trying to be a little bit better of a person. And while I can't say how many miles I have left I can say that over they last few weeks I do feel like my personal tank is getting bigger and I can go a little farther.
I have given up on road racing and running, I haven't shot a basketball in years, the invitation to play footy had to be respectfully declined. So that leaves bowling and golf (I don't think the sport of NASCAR would have me, those are finally tuned athletes). I played golf like twice last year. Don't really know why either, I quite enjoy golf and am fair to average at it. Bowling on the other hand I do get plenty of at the moment, and that is fine with me.
Song of the Day: "I Miss You" Blink 182.... this is a strange video for a catchy tune

5 comments:

  1. Umm, you have been driving a car that ran out of gas. I was in it. We were on the way back from you and Zac calling a football game, I believe. It was dark and cold. You got it to restart just long enough to pull up in to a gas station.

    - Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. So just to clairify... we got gas at a gas station, and weren't out of gas on the side of the road?

    Someone needs to work puzzles to keep their brain sharp ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran out of gas a couple times in my old Blazer...the gas gauge just decided to stop working one day. It seemed to work fine as it used the first 1/4 tank then would randomly start to go back up. Each time I ran out it said I had a full tank. So the first time was understandable...the second time I let someone borrow it for a couple days and they said they filled it up - obviously we have different meanings of "Filled it up." My meaning is "Filled the tank till full," their meaning was "Put in $5 of gas to cover what they used."

    The "Miles to Empty" gauge on the BMW was pretty accurate from the 25-8 miles left, but once it hit 8 it would then drop to 2, back to 4, drop to 1...it tried to constantly compute and it made it jump all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i believe you have more fuel than the computer says. I have driven both of my jeeps to 0 miles to empty and haven't run out of gas. I think there is more than it says because of morons like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I'll sign my name to my post.

    Corbett

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!