Monday, March 29, 2010

In Like a Lion



In like a Lion and out like a lamb. I guess that is what they say about the Month of March. Which got me a-thinkin' What does it even mean? Do lions and lamb ever really hang out together? Is there some awesome machine that you put in a Lion and get out a cute little lamb? Is it only in reference to the weather? Well to find the answer I went to the only real place for information the interwebs. Know what? there are lots of answers out there. The one that seems the best to me actually revolves around the constellations of Leo (LION) and Ares (ram/lamb) and there positions in the sky at the beginning and end of March. And how this constellation also seems to match March weather. Having a hard time following this pointless rant? Well then click here to get a great cartoon representation from a stargazer.

March for me and this blog it was in like a lion and out like a..... better than a lion.... a predator. I am trying to do more and give Witty little things for you to read about. While I cannot guarantee anything.... if you were to post a suggestion or two of things you might like to read about in the comment section.... I might talk to management and see what I can do. It makes it easier to write when you actually know people are reading.

I got a call from some friends and they were asking if I liked my Palm Pre, and with out hesitation I say it is the best phone I have ever owned. and I stand by that. it does everything you would ever need, the number of aps that are showing up increase daily (I must admit I still only get the free ones) and the fantastic pandora music to pass the time at work. My new favorite thing is a little painting piece of software they have. I am getting into self portraits at the moment, and if I get good enough I may move on to horses, God's most majestic creatures.




Song of the day "Who's the King" Dog Eat Dog. So these guys opened to Gravity Kills many moons ago at Peeple's in Ames. Fun band that actually had a sax wailing when they played. Made a joke that they had a gold record in Belgium and a wooden one in the states.

2 comments:

  1. Dog Eat Dog are decent, not great...their biggest problem though was their album name:

    Dog Eat Dog released their album "Warrant" less than two months after Warrant released their album "Dog Eat Dog." It just seemed silly to do something like that.

    Even though it is 15+ years later, I can't hear D.E.D without thinking of Warrant (the band)...not really something that will endear your band to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - really like the self portraits

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!