Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things I like

I got in the car after bowling last night. Hit the exterior temp control on the dash and there it was 7:30PM and it was 69 degrees. To some people that is great, a warm temperature, to me it is freaking funny. I don't know how or when it started but in my family and circle of friends the number 69 elicits a cackle of a laugh. You just point and give your best "HeHeHe" in a creepy old man laugh. If your tongue hangs out a bit all the better.

Drive past exit 69 on the highway? HeHeHe.

Team scores a 669 total game bowling? HeHeHe.

Jared Allen makes a tackle for a loss? HeHeHe.

See how the possibilities are endless with this?!?!

Sure I know it is juvenile at best, and maybe a little creepy at the worst. But to me it it is funny and will probably not ever be not funny. I am a simple man with simple likes. And for what ever reason this is one of them. Maybe now I need to get into NASCAR and see if there is a driver with the number 69 (HeHeHe). I guess I could set my favorite channel on the remote to recall 69 or 169 every time I click it HeHeHe. Oh this is never going to end.


Speaking of bowling Last night a young man that I thought may have been with the table next to us (turns out he wasn't) just plopped down with our work league and started chatting it up with us.

There were a few things this kid needed but I will tell you the things he did not.

He did not need confidence to sit down and strike up a conversation with people much older than him.

He didn't need an explanation on how the game of bowling is played.

He didn't need to be taught how to knuckle pound or high five or when to use them.

And Lastly he most certainly didn't need a haircut. This boy's mullet was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. When I was growing up, having a hair cut like this was just having long hair. Today it is a fashion choice and this kid rocked it. The only thing that may have made it a bit better is if he was wearing a shirt that somehow worked the number 69 onto it HeHEHE.


After Church on Sunday Jamie Lou and I tried to stop by the Waveland Cafe for some breakfast. It used to be a place we liked to go even though it was one of the smokier places around. Maybe in third place after the Front Row and Cooneys. But now that it is smoke free it would be perfect. Only apparently everyone else feels this way now as the place was more than a little bit packed. every seat was filled and there was a line of people waiting to get seated. There wasn't a lot of talking going on and there was a felling of pissed off/angry in the air from everyone that was eating. No smiles were on faces that I could see. So Jamie Lou decided to drive me to the other side of the world to try breakfast at MiMi's. Let's just say that the combination of screaming baby, 18 inch celery stalk in my bloody mary that when removed lowered the bloody mary volume in my glass by 20%, smudged mirrors, elitist emo kid meeting his girlfriends parents for the first time and telling the world his parents were wrong to be getting divorced in a voice loud enough to be heard next door, and so-so food left me less than impressed. I did like that they said it would be 15 minutes and it was only a 5 minute wait. As Jamie Lou says, under promise and over deliver and with the wait time they did it. But with everything else MiMi's may have made the Old Milwaukee Never Again list with me.

Song of the day: "Woo Hah!! Got You All In Check" Busta Rhymes. It makes me sad that videos are almost a thing of the past. In college when this bad boy showed up on MTv(yes you younger readers out there Music Television used to show music videos) I was like WOO HA, that is effing awesome.


3 comments:

  1. That is a FABULOUS mullet.

    Word verification: sessess
    (which is fun to type)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you always ask them to hold the celery. Mike's right, that mullet is magnificent! A true work of art.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. but I had no idea a tree was coming in my tasty beverage!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!