Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Get to the CHOPPAH!

I gave in and got gas, the computer said 8 miles remaining, I really wanted to just go home, but I had a much better feeling after the 44 dollar fill up that the range said 325 miles. I am such a wimp. $44.00 even, I should have received a discount or something for hitting that amazing-high-expensive-unnecessary number.

TV shows have been pretty OK lately. I am enjoying the new FX Justified. Lost is winding down, nice to learn a little about Richard and Jacob last night. Chuck I am not so sure about, sometimes fun other times feels like they mail it in. Caprica has had some good moments lately too, I am curious to see how he story will change to the people that make it to the Battlestar. Nurse Jackie is DVR'd but not yet watched, I am geeked to see where that show takes everyone. And Dexter is the one I am truly waiting for anxiously. After the way last season ended, I can't wait to see what the writers do with Dexter. The put some new life into something that was a little formula based. And Flashforward I am hoping for big things from.

In 2011 George RR Martin's Game of Thrones is to be on HBO as a mini series/ show. I can't tell you how much I want this to happen. Almost as much As I would like him to finish his fucking next book. My sister sent me this about HBO's Game of Thrones:

Novelist George R.R. Martin, who just Monday blogged that he would be "gutted" if HBO decided not to order to series "Game of Thrones," was doing the "happy dance" Tuesday that he promised if the network moved ahead with the project. Adapted from Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy epic and shot in Northern Ireland and other European and North African locations in late 2009, "Game of Thrones" will resume production on nine additional episodes in the summer. One of the most anticipated TV series in a while, it probably will premiere in 2011. Written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the cast includes Mark Addy, Alfie Allen, Sean Bean, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Jennifer Ehle, Jack Gleeson, Iain Glen, Kit Harrington, Lena Headey, Harry Lloyd, Richard Madden, Rory McCann, Tamzin Merchant, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, and Isaac Hempstead Wright. "From the start of this, I've told myself, 'Don't get too emotionally invested in this, or you will be devastated if it doesn't go,' Martin wrote in his blog Monday. "Wise words, those. I'm a smart guy. But easier said than done. I've failed. I am totally emotionally invested, and if HBO does indeed decide to pass, for whatever reason, I will be gutted. So let's all hope I am soon doing the happy dance instead."


Well I too would be gutted if I was deprived not only his next book but his show as well, I hope they stay true to the book. But there are some issues that can be put down on paper that if acted out may turn into a Lolita type problem. I am wondering how they will deal with that. First guess is to just make the children older, but who know....

Instead of music more along the line of Movies I am looking forward to:
The Predator has always been bit of a fun thing with me. Personally I think the Predator is a FANTASTIC movie, I actually really enjoy the second one too. AVP I didn't mind, honestly I never saw the newest one as billy joe's closed before it ever got there. Who would win in a fight? Predator. Who would you draft first? Vick? Peterson? no, Predator. There is no killing what can't be killed, no stopping what can't be stopped.

I am excited for this summer!


6 comments:

  1. First, the title made me LOL. Haven't seen Nurse Jackie, but watched some US of Tara--interesting, but I wouldn't be as sexually skittish around the Alters as John Corbett is.

    Anticipated movies: Kick Ass, The Losers, and The Expendables. Jeffery Dean Morgan has now starred as now one, but two of my favorite comic book characters...

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes and a HUGE yes for the Expendables.

    and I don't know how to break this to you but contrary to what you think Denny Duquette was not a super hero, just a bad story line....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameron and that other guy went farther to the left of the slash than anyone ever dreamed!

    Too bad no one will ever say that because you pussed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never before has my life been more accurately portray through TV art. and that is coming from a guy that doesn;t like that show....

    And that Other guys name was Blayne, and he wasn't pushing, his words not mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like AVP but I like the Alien vs Pooh version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I HATED DEAD DENNY!! However, I loved Watchmen, and especially The Comedian! "Let's put these jerks through some real changes...''

    Larry

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!