Friday, July 11, 2008

What Happens in Vegas

I have a theory, and I am sure it isn't mine or original, but it goes a little like this:

Expect great things and see good ones in their place, you'll be disappointed. Expect terrible things but see OK things instead, you'll have a pretty good time.


That is what happened with me (and I think all of us that went to see) the movie last night at Billy Joe's. We expected bad, BAD things and we pleasantly surprised. The movie had some not funny, funny, and really funny parts. If you think puking in a purse, and talking about punching a man's undercarriage junk is funny then this might be a movie for you. If you are looking for an answer as to why were are here, then why are you reading this blog? Some jokes, some physical comedy, and the always funny Rob Corddry as Hater and Lake Bell as Stripper errr I mean Tripper I give this movie a solid C (just for reference on the comedy scale F minus would be Date Movie and A+ would be Schindler's list.... oh that wasn't a comedy... then I will go with Monty Python and the Holy Grail as my A+ comedy).

It is hard to believe, but I think I am finally coming to terms with Cameron Diaz (no relation) being a pretty terrible actor. I am still holding out judgment on Ashton Kutcher. he surprised me a bit in the butterfly effect and the Guardian. But there is also Guess Who and Dude where's my car so I just don't know what to think. Her on the other hand, go rent and watch Oliver Stone's Any Given Sunday and watch Cameron (no relation) opposite of Al Pacino, she can't carry her weight for anything and it is a real shame and ruins a pretty OK movie. On the opposite side, there is a scene where Lauren Holly tells Denis Quaid something to the effect that "We have worked to hard for you to quit" and then pimp slaps him. Not bad for a soap star....

Random thought, I was flipping through my "Islands of the world" calendar and next month is Bora Bora, so I checked out how much to vacation there. 5 nights August 1st - the 6th with Airfare from Des Moines and one of the gorgeous over the water rooms... $8,000 dollars per person, and that doesn't include lunch, just some fruit for breakfast and dinner. Wow, maybe someday we will visit Bora Bora, but I am not thinking that is will be for Jamie Lou and my 10th next summer.


What's next? I am guessing a review of the Stover's 80's party, I'll have to see if Jamie Lou brings the camera for some "Excellent" photo. Party on Internet readers.

And as a side note, feedback is always appreciated, comments, joys, concerns and requests are also welcome as well. I do write this silly thing just as a historical reference of what is going on so I'll have something amusing to reflect back on. If you like it, great! If you don't maybe you can write one yourself, I'll even link it from here.

1 comment:

  1. It was the second time of seeing What Happens in Vegas for me...I can now appreciate it for its artistic merit and its commentary on the human condition.

    But...It's no Dude Where's My Car.

    Dude Where's My Car is a cinematic masterpiece. Johnny Potsmoker and Smokey McPot are classic characters that will remain in the collective conscious of the world for eternity.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!