Monday, July 14, 2008

Movie Review: Narnia

Well it would appear that images aren't uploading right now, but no matter. What I thought of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian:



Strange movie. First it is rated PG, but man oh man do a lot of people get killed. I am guessing it would have had to have been in the hundreds. Second, the kids are gone for one year, they come back and it has been hundreds of years, yet the children have no remorse with killing and have no problem fighting with adults/creatures. So their internal morality has no problem with what they do, I find that strange. Third, the movie shut off right at the end for about 10 minutes right before the big finale so that is always exciting. Fourth, the girls take off towards then end of the movie, never really mentions why but off they go. Last, why did the white witch show up for a 2 minute(if that) appearance. Rating C-, not even really a great kids movie and I think it is a bit dark for them to enjoy, and I found my mind wandering more than once.

Actually one more thing, if there are flying creatures why are horses so important? just like LotR, that bothers me.

I don't care what anyone says, it is nice to go to the bar and not smell like smoke when you leave. For those that have been to Billy Joe's it is safe to go back :) Tommy and I am sure other look to have scrubber the NTN boxes, the chairs are nice and shinny, and karaoke has never been more smoke free!

Grabbed a NeoCounter counter. That was kind of redundant as it meant the same thing. Like PIN number, ATM machine and the like. Trying to make the layout look a bit better, but as always I am looking for suggestions and or requests of things to write on, or items to include next. Heck I was impressed I put a slide show in. So who know what else could be out there. Again, for a guy that works on computers, I have a lot to learn.

5 comments:

  1. "Second, the kids are gone for one year, they come back and it has been hundreds of years, yet the children have no remorse with killing and have no problem fighting with adults/creatures."

    This is what I always liked about Narnia, they are kids that have grown up and lived a lifetime in Narnia when they return to our world as kids...with all the memories and knowledge from their lives in Narnia. You know those kids are getting laid by everything that moves once they are back in school. Even little Lucy has to be knee deep in c*ck. Think about it, what would you do if you were young again with all your grown up knowledge?

    As far as the killing? Just remember what Rambo said "When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that this is kind of a dark movie for kids. Many questioned the PG rating, and it sounds like you agree. I never watched the first movie, so I didn't have any reason to go to the second. I don't want to be the guy saying, "Who's that guy?" the whole time.

    I see you had a visitor from Indonesia. Nice work.

    Thad

    ReplyDelete
  3. The counter is rock star!

    PS--I heart smoke free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The counter is super trippy! You're an international interweb phenom just like the "Leave Britney Alone" guy only slightly more masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new font was a tad difficult to read. Also, how about something about your poor suffering sister-in-law whose tummy gets more and more scarred while you had fun at the 80s party? :-) I mean, what kind of tattoo am I going to get to cover all this?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!