Sunday, July 13, 2008

1980's Party

I am thinking that the 1980's, while WONDERFUL as a child with Transformers, GI Joe and some pretty good cartoons, had to have been better for the adults. So when a 80's themed party was thrown for no reason by our friends the Stovers we jumped at it. I originally thought it mights have been funny to show up looking like we were from the 1880's, and them acting embarrassed to find it was a 1980's party. But a couple pastel shirts, 2 popped collars, and a sailing sweater I was good to go. Jamie Lou on the other hand went the prom dress route, it was great. The only thing missing was a few 8-balls of Coke, snow, C, flake, blow or lady. ( really am not up or down with all the nicknames, but everything is on the internet now :-)

When Jamie Lou tells me the next day we can't party like that anymore that means a good time was had by all.

I think the photos speak for themselves so ENJOY!

EDIT Well, thanks to FlickrSlidr my issues with uploading have been fixed so now the flickr slideshow seems to appear to appear....


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

8 comments:

  1. Boo on Mike for his NOT totally awesome costume. While you guys were partying like it was 1989, I was partying like it was 1999 at the Barnstormers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, they didn't get my entire costume...my jacket with all the 80's buttons is featured later in the pictures. But my super-high orange Converse shoes were not featured in any (and really that is what the whole outfit was about).
    Secondly, I was also at the Barnstormers and didn't see you there...in my 80's clothing.
    Finally, I look horrible in every picture, do I really need a reminder of how dorky I am?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In defense of Mike, his costume rocked and it was the shoes that made the outfit. I'm thinking there's going to have to be an 80s part deux at some point in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mullet and the blue eyeshadow rocks! Too bad the Nighthawk is long gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could grow an awesome mustache like yours. I feel so inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who's Monte in the driveway? I can almost hear the Billy Squier coming out of it from here.

    Two Words: Spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mustache it a curse. I look so awesome, but the ladies come on a bit strong. If you ever watch Earl, you'll know what I mean.

    and JB- Car was Jon's the one looking like Don Johnson. He was like, "Hey 80's party, bring an 80's car." Made me miss my '81 Camaro.....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!