Monday, July 7, 2008

BACK! England, Iowa, Gas Prices

THANK YOU Chuck and Kitty! Jamie Lou and I had a WONDERFUL time with you.

Well to say it was nice to be back in time for the fourth of July would be an understatement, but it would also not be fair to how good of time Jamie Lou and I had not only in London but at her cousins. Chuck and Kitty were awesome to stay with and to tour the country side with too. It was hard to believe it had been that many years (more than 5) since the last time we saw them. Highlights of the trip:
  • almost not getting through England immigration
  • the tube and train rides
  • GREAT Indian food
  • Chuck and Kitty
  • the tower of London
  • not have to pay $12.00 US per gallon of gas (you read that right)
OFF WITH HER HEAD! Jamie Lou on the spot where Anne Boleyn actually lost her head.

Chuck on the left Kitty on the right, CT with he back to the camera.

Cam looking cool in front of the river Cam in Cambridge

Trinity College:

More Trinity College, just like Simpson...... maybe not....


I think the quick trip took it out on the both of us, Jamie lou came home a bit sick and I am pretty sure I have the bird flu from smuggling in a parrot Ok I could just have a cold, but the bird flu has a better ring :-)

got to sit next to Anneke Brand, Sophomore from Texas Tech on her way home from South Africa. She was there playing on the US 20 and under women's rugby team. It is always nice to sit next to a nice passenger to make the 10 hour flight go much smother.

Well never thought 4 dollar gas would seem like a nice thing, yet here I am a 10 hour flight from $12.00 gas, and it is nice. But like Chuck told me "100 miles in England is a long ways, but 100 years is a short time"

1 comment:

  1. You probably have SARS...(or Ghonnasyphylherpelaids - it's pretty contagious).

    Glad you are back. I was so bored without you updating your blog.

    Let me get some facts and figures, CT, and throw them in the idea machine.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!