Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nine Great Years


So today marks anniversary number 9 for me and Jamie Lou. I like to say it feels more like 19, but I kid, that is what I do. So here is our story........

A long time ago in a land far away (Indianola) lived a devastatingly handsome Kappa named Cam. He loved college, in fact he was quite good at it, more to the fact if the evil mother (sorry Donna) hadn't made him graduate he'd probably still be in college being that old creepy guy that buys minors beer. But that is another story. So one dark and stormy night a trip was made to Hooters in the great emerald city of Des Moines, Chad was there and so was Rusty. But one had to drive home, Oh who would be? The one that couldn't drink. The one that had to drive. A plan was hatched, a Roshambo (rock-paper-scissors) tournament was set into motion, and while the details are quite fuzzy the results are remembered well. Chad and Cameron came out on top while Rusty, poor sweet Rusty, was left to drink soda. Then an amazing thing happened to Cam and Chad's delight (and Rusty's dismay), The bar tender (who also was from the far away indianola, but commuted to Des Moines for work) name Misty Miller who we had only seen from afar knew us (I think that was her name this was a long time ago) . Not only knew us but sent us free beer, lots of free beer. This was going to be the greatest night of their lives. They were happy, Rusty was kind of mad, a little sweaty, kinda scared, and a little hungry. But the majority of us (2 of 3) were more than happy. After much good cheer the trip home was made. After arriving at the royal castle (Kappa, hey it was made for a king right?!?) something was noticed lurking in the hallways. Something the three of us had only come to know as "blond girl". You see everywhere our three heroes went there was Blond Girl. It seemed random enough, until the 15th random meeting. that dark and stormy night. And that night was the first time I really met and talked with Blond Girl, errrrrr Jamie Lou my long time stalker errrrr future wife to be. I can't speak for the rest of them, but that did end up being one of the better nights I have had.

Sure there have been ups and downs, but there have been way more ups so let's touch on a few in no particular order:
Aruba
Minneapolis
London
Kansas City
Peter
James
Free Music
Cancun
Florida
6121 Pleasant Drive
Puerto Vallarta
Ella
Sage
the Chiefs
Balsamic Vinegar
The Continental
Creed
Heirloom tomatoes
New Jersey
Lucca
Centro
Moses and Prissy
The Vikings
DQ
Jamaica
the Contour
the Camaro
Arkansas
Carnival Games
the High Life Lounge
Crush
Perkins and Waffles
the pool
Puddle of Mudd
and all our family and friends
and more from Jamie Lou:
night hawk
grand am
audi
corsica
Axiom
Toyota
Young Guns II
Hog Girl
Army Mexican Train Dominoes
Raymore
Water World
Macaroni Grill
Shreveport

Hey maybe some of those things mean nothing to you. If not all you have to do is ask! Maybe over a beer or a glass of wine sometime some stories can be told. Maybe you were at some of these, if so I hope you had as good a time as we did.

Jamie Lou it has been a fun 9 years, and while some would say "Hey we gave it a good run, better than most" Not me, I'm saying Thank you for that last 9 here's to 51 more (or more than that, I don't want to seem greedy)

And you people said it wouldn't last, you know who you are, I am coming to get you, Actually I made that last bit up, just to make you reflect if you were one of those people. If you were actually one of those people, shame on you. But if you have never thought that, then thanks for all your support.


Happy Anniversary Jamie Lou!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. Remember back when you got married and I was very anti-wedding so I didn't go? Yeah, I suck like that...but at least I sent you a card and a check. 'Course, I wrote "Demonic Services" or something like that in the memo...I think Jamie was very leery of me for a long time because of that. I think she is still leery...but for different reasons.
    Hope you have a good one...remember Zohan is still playing if you need something to do (or want to speed along a divorce).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought a tear to my eye. Seriously. Who knew you could be so sentimental. And poor, poor Rusty. I can only assume that that dark and stormy night is now the reason why I am always stuck driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, you crazy kids!!! Here's some Florida love being sent your way! Especially because I, err Florida, made the list!

    Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'll never forget when Zac and I were driving to Ponderosa a week before your wedding. You were in the other lane, and you made me roll my window down.

    "Are you coming to my wedding?"

    "I'm not sure, my family might be going to Florida."

    "Well, take your time, it's only 8 days away."

    Of course, my family did go to Florida, on about 5 days notice. Sorry. :-(

    Thad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! I was not invited to your wedding, so I was not there. Anyway, here is to your first 9 years and hopefully the next 100. I will be greedy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cameron, that was better than the gift you got me this year! Thanks for the memories but did you know you spelled my name wrong? I'd add a couple more words to our memories: night hawk, grand am, audi, corsica, Axiom, Toyota, Young Guns II, Hog Girl, Army, Mexican Train Dominoes, Raymore, Family, Water World and Macaroni Grill, and Shreveport.
    URMSM,
    Jamie Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frickin Roshambo, I always hated that game. I still think I got screwed. Oh well it was good food, nice scenery, and sorry folks I did maybe have one or two. Hey, they were free. What's a college kid to do? Happy 9th Anniversary you two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very sweet! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary Cam and Jamie!!

    I have to agree with Dixon here, ... BE GREEDY!! It's one of the few times that people would encourage it.

    Flaherty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't the jb that posted earlier, so I cannot share in such greedy sentiments. That being said....


    Dude, you sooooo got laid last night after that post, didn't you? ;)






    I keed, I keed!!!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary to my two favorite in-laws. Oh, wait, the rest of the Christensen family would be mad about that, so I'll change to two of my 5 favorite in-laws.

    And thanks for mentioning Ella among the highlights. She loves you guys!

    Also, you're missing El Hardee's!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  12. That made me smile. All I got for #9 was a card:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!