Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursday Concert, great food, and better friends




Good times had by all. Last night Jamie Lou and I went to the Centro (chen - tro) to have some pizza and drinks before heading over to the Simon Estes Amphitheater to catch Matt Natahanson for Nitefall on the River. More on that in a bit. So back to Centro. Our friend Derek Eidson is a chef at Centro, and he is always trying new and inventive things and he tells us next week he is putting Gnocchi on the menu, But not just any Gnocchi, he is making a Ricotta Gnocchi over braised goat meat. Jamie Lou and my anniversary is coming up, so I think I know where we are going next week. And hey, they have lemon chellos :)

Nightfall on the River started with opener The Damon Dotson Band. And they were a great sound to sit on the lawn and drink a cold 312 to, so I did. Before we go any farther, man was it packed! I have been once or twice and it never seemed to be full up like last night. I guess you get a pleasant night and some good sounding bands and they will come. The main act was Matt Nathanson for some unknown reason to me we found it funny to call Nate Mattahanson. Lame I know. They were also fun to listen to. A much more polished band that TDDB, they were also a lot more playful with the croud. Lots of participation. And free tickets from the Pricipal is always a bonus too. While they whole night was a little teenage girl pop-rock for me we had a great time, and made it out just before the rains came. And once it started, man did it rain!

Upcoming events:

  • Tonight (Friday): Jamie Lou is off to the I-cubs tonight. I am off to Thad's un- surprise birthday party at 3-bag.
  • Saturday: we are thinking a day at the pool and then UFC fight night and the Affliction MMA card (which looks to have the best heavyweights ever on one card)
  • Sunday: maybe the pool again with dinner at Mi Mexico With Rusty and Shannon (mmmmm margaritas)


Tried a new font size, wondering if it will be easier to read?!?! only one way to see, time to post.

3 comments:

  1. You sure are hitting the concert circuit lately! And I bet last night was much more comfortable and less heat-stroke-inducing than Tuesday. Sunday I will consume many margaritas to dull my shoulder pain. I heart self medicating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Simon Estes Ampitheater...probably my favorite place to see outdoor concerts. It is just a beautiful place to watch shows - love the river and the city scape in the background. Unfortunately they haven't had much there lately that has interested me. Colin Hay was awesome a couple years ago, as was Big Head Todd (his head really isn't that big), Gin Blossoms, and Deep Blue Something. What happened to those kinds of shows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fedor = Evil

    Throwing Sylvia in the ring with him was a disservice to both fighters, IMHO. Glad I didn't buy it.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!