Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Iowa Chops?

There are a few things that I try to dispel when I am out of the state. One is that we all don't have white picket fences in our front yards. The other is that there are no pigs out wandering around our streets. Yet here we are 2008 and it is time to pick a new team name with what has happened to our now defunct/moved/quit/left Iowa Stars.

And that name? The Iowa Chops. yep, the chops. Maybe this can be their mascot?

But no, that isn't to be. In an amazing twist while pigs can't fly I guess they can skate. A even more amazing to me is how much it look like an Arkansas razorback minus tusks:


Maybe I'm not being fair. I guess there can only be so many ways to render a pig... mmmmm pig bacon, spit, hawaii style, rotisserie, loins, ribs, chops Iowa Chops.... Hockey Oh yes, hockey I am back now.

There are so many things that represent Iowa and Iowans that do not involve pigs. I have lived here my whole life and the few people that I know that actually farmed pigs gave it up when it started to cost more to raise them. So that leaves so large hog lots that grow pigs. and to me that isn't a good/fair representation of what we are about here in Iowa. What we Iowans are about is Insurance and computers and meth. It could have been worse I guess, they could have picked a design like this:

Tomorrow or friday look for a candid review of what hapens in vegas after we go to it at Billy Joe's

1 comment:

  1. I actually suggested the Iowa Meth. But everyone seemed to think it was too negative. But can't you just see the mascot - really skinny, sunken eyes, rotten teeth, picking at scabs?

    Anyhow, I didn't like the Iowa Chop name when I first heard it over a month ago (I have my secret sources), but it has grown on me a little bit. I am thinking positive and looking forward to the new season. I just hope we have a good team to backup the logo so we aren't even more of a laughing stock (could have been solved with Hong Kong Phooey as the logo!).

    Go Chop!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!