Monday, April 5, 2010

Lurkers Welcome - and a new trip into the world of video!

My NeoCounter sent me an e-mail the other day (something I didn't really know it did). It sent me and e-mail that said I had my 950th unique city visit the blog. So that got me to thinking, while the friends that are here and following I know. there are obviously a bunch of others that have either stopped by once, or hopefully stop by regularly from many cities to see what is going on in the heartland.

So if you are just lurking around drop a comment below with what city you are in and if you have a blog leave that link too, I would love to drop on by and check it out.

On Friday we went out to celebrate Dani's b-day and it started with dinner at a hibachi table at Samurai Sushi and ended with too many drinks at Billy Joe's. I think good times were had by most. I tried out Add it Up by the Violent Fems and Call me Al by Paul Simon with and assist from Dani on the Simon ditty. I think for a first attempt they both came off OK. My Doorbell from the White Stripes was an epic fail, a terrible combination of too fast and too much beer. Mike hit a homer with "I am Man of Constant Sorrow". I think he should bring a fake beard next time. Amy, Dani, Zac, Tad Chilly and Cas all had fun songs. Mary Lyn wouldn't sing us anything, grrrrr. Larry brought us Paper Airplanes as a b-day request for Dani, while still a huge hit with us the rest of the bar didn't get into like the first time which I didn't get. And Amy's friend *insert name here as you see too many beers were had too remember* went the "funny" route dropping this bad boy on us "Since You've Been Gone" in the style of Kelly Clarkson:



2 comments:

  1. I think his name was Ryan (no formal introductions were ever made so that could be completely wrong). I do thank him for making me realize that not only should a metal version of Since You Been Gone be made...but it NEEDS to be made soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed paper airplanes. That was so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!