Thursday, April 15, 2010

Completely Awesome

Completely Awesome! That was the name of my bowling team this year. Another team turned in their team name before us, it was Borderline Awesome. So in a show of oneupsmanship I trumped their team name with a better one. Tuesday was the last night of bowling, position night. And it just so happened that Completely Awesome was bowling off against Borderline Awesome. Whilst I would like to write the fairytale ending that Completely beat "Bored"erline and we won the title.... it just didn't happen. We were in the running for something great down the stretch, but going 1 and 7 the last two weeks pretty much ended any hopes for awards....

Meet the team:

Bowling in the first position for us all year was Brad. He has a blue ball bag. He likes getting hot (on the lanes)and bowling huge games and long walks in the park. He likes beer and pizza and having the highest average on the team. While Brad's feet may look like like they have never seen the sun is, it a little bit of camera magic, those are actually his white socks. Not actually his feet! Amazing I know. Also, don't think his pants are too short either, the weather in Iowa got warm enough to wear shorts... Brad is one crazy cat. The blue ball bag is his for reals, the sweet looking viking ball sack is mine, and no you can't touch it and yes there is 1 blue ball in there.












Second up all year was Kevin. He throws a straight ball that sometimes does "one of these." When he isn't being forced to stay at work and miss bowling he likes to ruin other team's evenings by going crazy high over his average. He likes diet pop and pizza and he too like long walks in the park. Again some camera magic is at work here, Kevin is not actually a black shadow figure like you would have the pleasure seeing on Ghost Hunters (man those guys are great *he says sarcastically ) No, that isn't the case at all, Kev is actually facing the other way, that is why his head seems all black, it is his hair. Now his body appears black from his clothes. How we made him to look like he has no arms was difficult but we got it. We had him hold a bowling ball. Now you know almost all my photographing secrets.





Third spot was filled by Monica. She like counting money and long finger nails. She also like being the best female bowling in the league. She throws a hook and has very oily balls when she first gets to the lanes each Tuesday. She like fruity Seagrams wine coolers and long walks in the park. A little trick we used here in this photo was to make you think it was Jersey Shore's Snookie, but that's where we got you, it is Monica in an orange shirt, not Snookie in orange skin. Maybe our best photo gag yet, if I do say so myself. Monica is famous for having not 1, but 2 bowling leaves named for her at our bowling table. the 1 - 2 - 10 leave is the "Monica", where as the 1 - 2 - 4 - 10 is forever known as the "Mills". What we have found out over the years is if you don't get a lot of lift and slowly have you ball hit solidly into the 3 pin instead of the pocket, there is a good chance for one of these leaves. And for all the times I have seen it left by Monica I have 1 text message claiming she picked up the Mills and I was there to the the Monica picked up in person once. Come bowling with us and there are a few things for certain, we will tell you to "bowl better", and if you consistently produce a bad leave, we will name it after you. That is how we roll! (get it, bowling joke)




Fourth was me, El Guapo, that means "the one who chokes at bowling" in Mexican I think. I am 94% sure that is what is means.. 80%......44% sure it means that. I like leaving 10 pins for open frames. I like Beer and pizza. I like throwing monster hooks. Strangely enough I do not like long walks in the park, I prefer them on the beach. I have found it hard to take photos of myself with the Palm Pre. Thankfully I have found it almost Therapeutic to paint self portraits though. This one is titled "1 Win 7 Loses to Close out the Season - a Self Portrait" Note the sad eyes and face. I really thought we had a chance this year, and that is my fault for things good things are coming. See if you have no expectations then mediocre things are a pleasant surprise. Kind of like being married to me. I set your hopes so low that average everyday things seem so wonderful.....

The end of early bowling party has been set up for the 30th of April. A good time had by most unless Chuck blows up a char and heaves it off a balcony again. but other than that it will be fantastic.



For those of you that were there, here is Jim, Troy and Tracie singing you a tune to remember them by.


3 comments:

  1. The past couple times bowling, I have consistently had the same three pin leave. Not sure of the pin numbers...but I would leave it a good 6 out of 10 frames. Then when I adjusted to the left, I would leave the exact opposite three pins. I named it "The F*cking Seven - AGAIN"

    PS, I love your self portraits. I am very envious of your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HHmmm I would guess you are leaving the empty bucket. the 2 - 4 - 5 if you happen to leave the 8 behind it is called the full bucket. Easily correctible.

    Also, envy is no good. Monkeys at the great ape trust have better talent HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just happy that I don't feel completely awkward everytime (only 75% awkward) and that I only have 1 or 2 gutterballs a game...down from like 8 or 9.

    But I do KNOW those monkeys...plus they are monkeys so automatically awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!