Monday, April 12, 2010

From My Cold Dead Hand!

This was a weekend full of Americana! Fast cars, fighting, too much food, too much booze, family and firearms!

Finally was really able to turn the Camaro loose (need a good nickname for it pumpkin... orangie.... inferno.... I've got nothing) Probably put too many miles on it, but it is a treat to drive. Jim and Ginger were up from KC Mo, and he had his Hemi-C up too. While we didn't drag race per-say, we did get to open them up a little out in the back country roads of altoona/mitchelville. While I think you can actually see the gas needle go down as you push the pedal to the floor, that isn't a concern while it actually happens. Something about 426+ HP (not sure how much to the rear wheels) and a throaty exhaust that is FANTASTIC! Now part of me still wants to get an upgraded exhaust, new cams, and a supercharger. But another part of me says "no" that part of me is the Jamie Lou part.

Made it to Irina's on Friday night with the in-laws and Jamie Lou. Some hits, some misses but a good time was had by all I do believe. Nice bottle of wine, some tasty Ukrainian beers..... Saturday was smoked pork chops on the grill from Gateway, again some pretty good wine with dinner, went nice with the chops. Sunday night was lamb chops at Zac and Dani's. Also quite good, a nice red first and then a sutter home white zin to follow. The white zin I think you could drink 2 bottles and not feel a thing from it, maybe mixed with some fruit and 7-up or squirt you have a delicious spritzer......

Saturday Jim and I headed to the twisted parrot to watch the UFC. While all the good spots were marked "reserved" and we had some pretty bad seats I think we both had a pretty good time. The 2 championship fights were so disappointing I am not even sure I am going to blog on any of the fights. I was going to give a fight by fight recap, but now I don't feel like it. There was one FANTASTIC anaconda choke FTW applied in the last 10 seconds of a round. That was the highlight of the night (afternoon) for me.

Jim really wanted to make it out to Altoona to see some of the Vignovich's cars (including the new '52 Plymouth convertible) so a call was made to invite ourselves out. As always "Come on out" was the answer. So we made the trip to the East after the fights. Jamie Lou and Ginger came out a bit later... Once there Joe mentioned that he picked up a new Judge(a gat that shoots .410 000 buck shot). Well that really peaked Jim's interest, a minute later we were busting caps. After the judge was unleashed, Rene asked "Well can I shoot my new one? Ca I shoot the .38?!?!" HAHA I ask you, what is more American than muscle cars and guns? Rene, go on with your bad self!


8 comments:

  1. It should be the CUMaro...60% of the time, it works everytime. It gets the ladies where they are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Judge shoots .45 Long Colt and .410 shotgun shells--it's related to the Thunder Five made famous in Three Kings.

    Can't believe you went to Irina's without me. :-(

    Inexperienced ladies shooting handguns almost always = comedy gold.

    Nice to see you got Lindsay Lohan out and about (orange skin, fast, a little crazy, but that's okay).

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that might be the first time in history that White Zin was mentioned in the sentence immediately before talking about UFC. Quite the renaissance man.
    - Kirsten B

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 ) mike, no. But I will try to get those plates

    2) we were shooting the triple 0 .410, it would kill you ;) man was that a fun time, I love watching people blast away!

    3) Kristin, thank you for that nice comment! Renaissance man. That is what you get here, poorly worded and spelled randomness..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That video of mom cracks me up!! Nothing like being scared of your own gun... that'll really scare away the bad guys when you shoot and then run away.
    LaLa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should just name the car Julius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a great youtube video of a guy shooting the Judge with .45 LC and .410 with birdshot and 000 buck at close range. Pretty impressive.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttFslPwNEuc

    It is my recommendation for personal defense. Myself I go OLD SCHOOL: Auto Ordnance 1911 .45. Man, I miss that gun.

    Larry
    Sushi and Cigars
    "I like my pizza thin and my women thick."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should name it Snooki.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!