Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zac's Birthday

Zac turned 30 on the 19th, so Jamie Lou and I did the lame thing and got him a gift card to Best Buy and a card with a sexy woman that was vacuuming on the inside. Complete with sound effects of that woman vacuuming. I laughed at it, so that is all that matters I guess.... But his wife was a bit better than us and invited over a few friends an family for some BBQ and a pool party. A good time was had by all. All except the kids Yoshi, Zac and Thad made cry. But other than those 5 kids, a good time was had by most.

So happy birthday Zac!

Ah yes, the happy Birthday boy. Can't you see it?:
Donna, Jamie Lou and Ella "The Kid" :
you might think it was Thad's Birthday, but it wasn't. In my best lispy voice "THAPRIZE!" or "TA-DA, a magazine for and by gay magicians":
And this is what happens when little kids tell Zac and me "I wanna go fast" Wait that was Ricky Bobby... Oh yeah, when they say "I WANNA GO HIGH!":

Wednesday night is "Wanted" at Billy Joes, I wonder if I will learn anything at that movie.

PS Oh and if you haven't checked out the show "The Middlemen" Mike was talking about on his blog, it was pretty damn good/funny/witty/ I liked it.

PSS OOOOH and Jamie Lou got me Rosetta Stone Spanish Speaking for Latin America.... I am one hour in and I know lots of words I didn't before come, leche, perro, mujer, pan, manzana the list goes on and on.... I wonder if I will really learn to speak Spanish, that would be KICK ASS to actually order a real drink at a real Mexican place and know what the eff I am saying/doing... I'll keep you posted....

PSSS My buddy Eric started working out, so starting next Monday I think I may too. Remember that is next Monday. That reminds me of the time in Ames at Olde Main Jamie Lou said "Too bad we aren't here tomorrow" as I look up to see a sign that says "Free Beer Tomorrow" She is awesome on so many levels! Always makes me laugh.

PSSSS JB, you an I once talked of doing Damn-2-Damn. Maybe next summer is the time to do it. What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Count me in as one of the kids, because that picture of Thad scared me to tears.

    Ahhh, the Dam to Dam. I'm working on getting in better shape, and that may be a good goal to set now. One problem: I HATE to run.

    Let me drop a few more pounds, and I'l lmake a decision on that one.

    Happy birthday, Zac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad can train you for Dam to Dam. He's a veteran, and he goes very slowly. But, heck, how many 67-year-olds can say the run marathons?

    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, if you listen closely while you're looking at that last pic with the flying child, you can hear Joey Styles screaming, "OH MY GAHHHDD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Zac, I wanted to be there but had GF-Unit obligations (here father was in town and I had to meet him). I would have much rather been hanging with you (plus I have the best Monkey Card for b-days).

    PSSSS - there is no way I am running Dam to Dam...I've hated running since highschool when I wore wrestling shoes on the day we had to run the mile in gym class. A little warning next time Mr Strickler?

    PSSSSS - I think the correct English would be PPS, PPPS, PPPPS, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That aboy Dixon. Alway later, always next year. I will want at leat 6 months to get ready for it, so don't screw me! Nice joey Styles reference too.

    Mike-
    I know it is pps, and pps but after I typed it i left it. I almost made them pspsp and pssp and pssst. you know like "psssst, what you doing?"

    Next time, Zac and I will throw you into to the pool like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cam never throws me that high!! ...well, there was that one time when we worked for the circus, but that was different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael - I think you are right on the PPS and the PPPS....I believe it stands for Post Pardom Post Script...but don't quote me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad I have to wait on what you learned from "Wanted", it's bad enough you skipped "Sex and the City"--now THAT would have been entertaining.

    Man, I used to love to run when I was in the Navy, and I've run every once in a while since.

    The Y has a deal where you can join for just 8 bucks the first week of September--I'll probably take them up on it. I may join you in your quest, yet.

    I think that's everything.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah! Let me know how that Rosetta Stone thing works out for you--they are always advertising it on the Radio. I'd love to try Italian or Arabic.

    Larry (Again)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!