Friday, August 15, 2008

What I learned From Indiana Jones

Things I learned from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull













I learned that Monkeys hate, and I mean hate, Russians

I learned that Tarzan Swinging through the jungle will get you through said jungle faster than the speeding vechiles will

I learned that in the 50's there were "Lead Lined" refrigerators

I learned that in case of nuclear explosion being in one of these lead lined fridges and being thrown hundreds, hell maybe thousands of feet, you will be just fine.

I learned that in the 50's Area 51 was guarded by only four guards. Once you kill them you have free reign over the entire place.

I learned that the metal in gun powder floats to a magnetized box. Buy only when thrown in the air. If you are dumping the powder into the hat it goes into the hat. but if you throw it up in the air from the hat it flies. I think the hat is the key to finding the magnetized box. QED

I learned that the magnetized item in the box only effected the pry bars after the lid was taken off. So wood must dampen the effect, yet be strong enough to make gun powder float.

I learned that Indy still hates snakes. But not enough to not grab one to get out of a sink trap.

I learned that if you are in the middle of a jungle in that sink trap it is not a good idea to tell your crazy friend, and I do mean crazy like has truly lost his mind, to "get help" because he will just go and find the Russians you have escaped from. Probably because they are the only other people in the jungle.

I learned that Shia LeBeouf playing a greaser on a motorcycle makes me giggle out loud

I learned that running will make all bullets miss you.

I learned that the sword is still the weapon of choice for some.

I learned that Indy is ok if you don't go to school if you aren't his kid.






I learned that Predators are cooler aliens than the crystal skull ones are.









I learned that Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom doesn't seem as ridiculous as it once did.

I leaned how many waters falls it takes to crash the duck boat. 'How many?' you ask. That is a great question. Then answer is Jump off a cliff onto a tree that is lower you safely to the water. Then falling down one waterfall, then a second and finally a third will wreck the duck boat. I also learned that falling down the three waterfalls will not put a mark on you.

I learned that hot rodders will mess with the military folk.

I learned that CGI ground hogs look funny more like meerkats.



I learned that Caddy Shack's Gopher was a better dancer that Indy's ground hog.









I grade this movie at a F+. So it passed.........barely. If you want a movie that uses solving riddles as the way to a treasure watch either of the National Treasure movies. If you want a good Indiana Jones movie Watch the first of the third installment. If you want to watch a silly Indiana Jones movie watch the Temple of Doom. Just don't watch this one. If you did happen to see this one maybe you got lucky and looked in the skull's eye sockets and it ate your brain too. I wasn't one of the lucky ones though.

7 comments:

  1. I thought this movie was awful. Supreme waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You learned way too many things from a bad movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anonymous. It is through this "learning" that I am able to watch all of these terrible movies. The makers of this film should be ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely the worst movie I've seen in a couple of years. Usually I avoid bad movies (i.e. Spiderman 3), but I didn't think they could possibly screw up the Indiana Jones series. Well, they did. Awful.

    You forgot to mention that the 3rd waterfall they fell down only had about 3 feet of water at the bottom. Of course, they all landed safely. I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

    Thad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're so studios in the face of such wretchedness. It's awe-inspiring. You are like the Michael Phelps of finding life lessons in movies.
    :o)
    LaLa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned that George Lucas is on an unstoppable mission to ruin any legacy he may leave behind. The process will be complete with Willow 2 Electric Boogaloo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it alright, but I will also say that I enjoyed the first two Mummy movies more, and I really shouldn't have. You'd think that the original should be better than the knock-off...



    L

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!