Thursday, January 8, 2015

It gets cold in Texas too

Working from home as I do now seems to have 2 distinct advantages
  1. I do not have to go outside anymore. meaning no weather, no hot no cold
  2. I have really great toilet paper compared to any office I have ever been in.
I do like to "ice bath" as a form of cryotherapy, the ideal temp (in my opinion) is right around 51 degrees.  Unfortunately with the pool as large as it is and the temp at 40.4, I have not and will not get in until it warms up again.  46 was the lowest temp that I have sucked it up and climbed into and could only last 18 minutes at that temperature.  40 sounds unreasonable, unnecessary, not gunna not gunna get in it.


As an aside, if you have a pool or spa and would like a wireless way to know the temperature I have been really pleased with the model that we picked up from amazon.





Song of the day "Taxman" The Beatles


1 comment:

  1. Andrew and I once walked to Saylorville Lake (6th grade maybe) in Feb or early March...broke the ice and jumped in. It was cold...but we stayed in the water for 10 minutes or so.

    However, the walk home was much colder as we didn't bring clothes to change into (at least we took off our coats before going in?!). It was a LONG walk home. It was stupid, I am surprised neither of us died from hypothermia...but I felt cold for probably 3 or 4 days.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!