Friday, January 9, 2015

Hipster, Total Hipster pt. 1

I decided to go total hipster, and start getting vinyl records again.  It has been many a moon since I last bought "Slippery When Wet" and I think Madonna's "True Blue", but I got a membership at Third Man Records and then joined at Vinyl Me Please.  And those have been great, but for Christmas I asked for vinyl. I usually ask for nothing but this time I actually put some thought and made a list.  I think my next few posts will be on the awesomeness that is what I received.  Starting with Zac and Dani's gift of Juice Newton's "Juice".  At first glance a funny gag, but on closer inspection, this was a pretty monster album.  According to the Juice wiki page  Juice garnered Juice Newton two "Best Female Vocalist" Grammy Award nominations in the Pop and Country categories.And it has a large selection of hits:

Track listing
Side one    
No.
   
1.     "Angel of the Morning"
2.     "Shot Full of Love"
3.     "Ride 'Em Cowboy" 
4.     "Queen of Hearts"
5.     "River of Love"  
Side two    
No.    
1.
    "All I Have to Do Is Dream"      
2.     "Headin' for a Heartache"      
3.     "Country Comfort"      
4.     "Texas Heartache"      
5.     "The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)"  

My biggest disappointment is that Juice has better hair than me:
Song of the "Angel of the Morning"

2 comments:

  1. You are late to the Hipster vinyl trend...they are now going to cassettes. I have seen 3 or 4 people listening to walkmans in the past few months.

    I have always loved vinyl and would have a ton more, if I had some place to store it (and a nicer stereo system...but I know that will come).

    To me, taking the time to listen to vinyl (and the work it takes...more than just clicking a button) always made the music seem more important and special. I have found memories of getting to Kiss Dynasty for my 5th birthday (the first record I asked for) and then buying Iron Maiden Number of the Beast when I was 12 (the first vinyl that I saved my money and bought myself...damn I miss Archive Records and The Game Shop on University). Also going to buy ...And Justice For All vinyl at the midnight release (I think I was one of two people there that bought the vinyl...most everyone else was cassettes) and then coming home and putting on side 1, track 1 and being blown away. I listened over and over all night and then went straight to school with no sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it, I have been procuring for a while now, my new player should be here Friday, I just like to go broke in new and expensive ways, and this seems to be a easy way to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!