Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rendezvous




Gears of War 2 is coming! I think I will bust out the first one and play it again. Right now running through Assassins Creed, don't know why I stopped playing it. It gets a bit repetitive, but the story it great. I am thinking all the great writers are making video games instead of Hollywood hits. GTA IV, BioShock, Assassins, Gears of War I could go on and on.... Let me know what you think of this trailer, not sure I like it as much as the GoW 1 trailer with "Mad World", I think I may like it better :-)

"I Have a Rendezvous with Death"

by Alan Seeger.

I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air-
I have a rendezvous with Death
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

It may be he shall take my hand
And lead me into his dark land
And close my eyes and quench my breath-
It may be I shall pass him still.
I have a rendezvous with Death
On some scarred slope of battered hill,
When Spring comes round again this year
And the first meadow-flowers appear.

God knows 'twere better to be deep
Pillowed in silk and scented down,
Where love throbs out in blissful sleep,
Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,
Where hushed awakenings are dear...
But I've a rendezvous with Death
At midnight in some flaming town,
When Spring trips north again this year,
And I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous.




4 comments:

  1. Can't wait. If I'm not working when it comes out, I'll probably be playing 24/7.

    Thad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have never played GoW 1. Since it broke my Xbox the first time...I have the FEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't lie Mikey, you only play lame games like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvADqvJ40PY

    Look familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I played the hell out of that games. Sneakers rules! Da da dah..da da dah. I still know that opening music by heart.

    I just haven't played Gears of War...it has proven too manly for one xbox already. I can play wussier games.

    I'm probably gonna pick up Barbie Horse Adventures after work! I felt bad for Barbie...heck, I kinda felt bad for the horse.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!