Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Google Chrome



Well, I went and got Google's new Browser (first browser?) Google Chrome.

I am wondering if anyone else has got Chrome and what your thoughts are on it. I an just in the "feeling out phase". The look is a bit spartan at first, and I miss some familiar clicking spots, but it seems to load pretty fast, which I have no idea what that would be. But then I just write software for a living....

I'll add things as I come across them I guess

  • Can't play at pogo.com it says I don't have Java installed. I follow their directions, and it still won't play. can play on every other browser
  • Was at a web site that you had to click you are of age. if you click back you had to re-click age verification. May just be an option but I am just starting.
  • I do like how you can just drag you address you have at the top into your shortcut bar.
  • I like the fact that "make Chrome the default browser" WAS NOT checked.  that was refreshing.
  • I mis a lot of the extensions that I have with firefox.  I also miss that I had a cyclone theme
  • man it does seem fast

3 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what website you were on that needed you to enter your age?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. now, now.... Maker's Mark's web site of course. I am their #1 fan! and an ambassador!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it, but like all internet commenters I am an expert anyways.

    Everything Google does is awesome, just like Apple. Those two companies are direct pathways to God. They are saving the world by making mp3 players and internet search engines. I can't wait for the Google Phone Android to come out. And the new iPod Nano? How awesome is that? I mean you take very small product and turn it into something the size of an iPhone...kinda seems to go against the Nano name but that doesn't matter because it's Apple. And they don't come off as smug elitists in their store or commercials either.

    All kidding aside, I'll try out Chrome when I get a chance and keep it around if it does a good job.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!