Friday, September 5, 2008

HELL BOY and Birthday gift

Oh, big red, you disappoint me.

I learned I was expecting waaaaayyyyyy toooooo much for this movie. Probably because I kinda liked the first. This one felt like they were just going through the motions, only this time they had 75 Million for special effects instead of 5 Million. I don't even have the energy to write all of the things that I hated about this movie (not sure when I turned so cynical, probably around the time the Palin was deemed worth fo the VP nomination. I am not even a political type of guy, but man does the hypocracy of the republican party this week piss me off. Like some how trotting your 17 year old daughter and her unborn bastard child out is a rallying call for the party. What is going on in the world? Use a rubber losers.)

Larry tells me there are things in this life that are meant to be Fantasy, and I get it. I live in fantasy land most of my life. Less now that I am not in College, but I still live there. This movie is pure fantasy, bu that doesn't let them off from silly things like tossing Hell boy through concrete (makes him madder) and then hitting him in the face with a locker room locker door (almost knocks him out). Things like this are not excussable...... I give this movie a D+. Next week is Hancock, and I am really excited for this one. **EDIT** Tuesday night will be the night for the movie for me as the Vikings will smash the Packers on Monday **EDIT**....

GUBBY actually did have a birthday gift for me, not that I ever doubted him.... It was an Autographed copy of "A Feast of Crows" from George R.R. Martin (my favorite author... maybe Piers Anthony, But he IS probably number one) The series (hopefully) is being made into a show on HBO. They are going to turn "A Song of Fire and Ice" into a mutli-part show. His series began in 1996 with "A Game of Thrones" and the intention is to have each of the series' 4 novels fuel one season each. As each novel is at or exceeding 1,000 pages a season should be no issue for each book. SO thanks for the gift Mike, time to read the 4 books again and hope (pray) that "A Dance with Drgons" will ever get turned out. It was to come out literally years ago, but he isn't happy with it so it waits. in the mean time I guess I can read them all again. So here is to hoping that Jon Snow, Tyrion, Daenerys and the rest will soon be available for consumption!

It look s a bit like this (can't find the camera to take a pic)


From the rest of the Fam-damn-ly I got an I-pod Nano, great Polo Shirts, I-tunes cards, Madden 2009 for the x-box, and bottle of Hennesy and Rosetta Stone Spanish among other things. All in all a pretty good haul if you ask me. And as always, everyone is way too generous.....

4 comments:

  1. Another thing about Palin, she probably tried to have your beloved Martin books banned. I love it when strangers try to decide what's appropriate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Shannon, don't forget that the GOP can tell a woman what to do with her body. Oh, and gay people can't get married. For God's sake though, leave her 17 year old alone, it's none of your business!!! Amazingly hypocritical of them.

    Thad

    ReplyDelete
  3. A complete stranger told me an Cameron last night that he would screw Palin in a very uncomfortable place (like the back of a Volkswagen?) if he had the chance. See already the GOP is opening up lines of communication between the people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's follow Palin and make the schools teach abstinence only sex ed. That was effective for her daughter.

    I think "Use a rubber losers" should be on a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!