Sunday, October 5, 2008

Things I learned from Watching Step Brothers





Went to Billy Joe's Picture Show to watch "Step Brothers" last Thursday. Peed a little, laughed a lot. Other than "Get Smart" lately the viewing selection has been rough at best, so "Step Brothers" was a much welcomed breath of fresh air. It reminded me of when Jamie Lou and I went to "There's Something Something About Mary", it had the same laugh out loud qualities to it. I will say that watching this movie I learned a few things:

I learned/confirmed that I am a child and I still love fart jokes, they get me every time.

I learned that even if you think your fart will be "silent", it is best to not let one rip during a job interview.

I learned that if you punch a dickhead in the face, there is a chance that his wife will want to have sex with you.

I learned that although you may be 40, you may not have the smarts to build bunk beds. So I say to you, DO NOT BUILD BUCK BEDS no matter how much room it will give you for activities.

I learned that throwing "Boats and Hoes" into a moving Italian song makes it more accessible to the average man. A killer drum solo, just makes it great for everybody as well.
Thanks for the Edit Kelly!

I learned that if you know you live with a sleep walker you must, AND I REPEAT MUST, check the oven before preheating it.

I learned that if you have a Billy Joel cover band you probably should learn his entire catalog. Only doing 80's Billy Joel will result in you being heckled off the stage.

I learned that no matter how much you spend on voice lessons if your wife isn't into the A Capella version of "Sweat Child O' Mine" with the rest of the family, it falls flat.



I learned that even if there are two 40 years olds, get enough little children together the 40 year olds can/will take an ass whooping. Additionally, if you come back for a rematch with that same gang of children appearing from a helicopter, you will do the ass whooping.

I learned that if you are being buried alive you should be quite as to not wake the neighbors.

I learned that if someone, who is sweaty and probably shouldn't be, tells you they were watching Cops you should sanitize your drums before touching them. I am just saying the sack sweat smell might linger for a while
.


Pineapple Express is the next movie up, so two winners in a row, now we ballin'!


Now a serious item from me. Parents, tell your kids you love them. Husbands and wives, give each other a hug. Kids call you parents and say thanks for everything. A good friend of mine had his son tragically killed last week. Life is short and don't "wish" you had done something. Do it.

5 comments:

  1. nice!, edit made and found the GnR cover too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I quit Billy's last weekend (long story), but please please please let me know when you are seeing Pineapple Express: I loved it so much alone, I'd like to see it with Cam and Mike commentary...

    515 991-0187

    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike commentary is overrated. He is mostly a mini-corn dog eating jerk. He'll probably just go "Thug Life" every time someone picks up a gun.
    But everyone is always welcome to join. Cam has funny commentary.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!