Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What I learned from Watchmen




I learned that if you have a cool character like Rorschach and he has a kick-ass "face" you don't bother to explain how or where it came from.

I learned that being a lesbian just might get you killed.

I learned that if you are Dr. Manhattan pants are optional. Because hey, who doesn't like to see 20 shots of giant blue floppy cock?

I learned that being the world's smartest man some how makes you fast enough to catch bullets.

I learn that is you make a movie with a bad ass and he doesn't' talk in a raspy voice, you don't have a bad ass.

I learned that you can have abandoned subway track under your house and fly your home grown flying machine out of it and no one will ever come to check anything out.



I learned that Denny from Grey's anatomy make
a great sociopath in playing The Comedian.













I learned that you might not have any friends if the only person you can confide in is your arch enemy.






I learned there may have been an alternate casting.














I learned that some people never get used to be teleported through time and space.

I learned that you can be a god but not remember your human friend need oxygen to breath once you bring them to mars.

I learned that when you are in prison with Rorschach he is not locked in with you, you are locked in with him. Additionally, DO NOT stick your hands in him cell for any reason.

I learned that a dwarf can be the crime lord of a pretty bad prison.

I learned that if you save people from a apartment fire you with get lots of great sex.

I learned that having Dr. Manhattan on your side in Vietnam makes exploding the enemy easier.

I learned that you should never bring a shiv to a deep fryer face burning fight.

I learned if you are going to ask one of the Watchmen to "punish you" do ask Rorschach, as you may end up thrown down an elevator shaft.

I learned that even the smartest man in the world picks terrible passwords that are easily cracked.

I learned that if I ever forget my watch at work, I 'll pick it up the next day.

I learned that killing a child and feeding them to dogs could be bad for your health. And the dogs' health. And the sharp blade of your hatchet.

I leaned that Max Headroom is a live and making movies.

I learned that you shouldn't hold anything glass in your hands if Rorschach wants to ask you questions.

I learned that Nixon could have been president for a long long time.

I learned that Sally Jupiter ended up being OK with an attempted rape

I learned that if a god like being wont save an entire city it should be surprising that a pregnant Vietnamese woman getting smoked was a-okay.

and lastly I learned that beans are just fine out of the can.

2 comments:

  1. It was a decent flick. Did it miss a lot of the book? Yes, though the majority was there...but it missed a lot of the little explainations that would have helped people who hadn't read the graphic novel. But then again it was plenty long as it was. I enjoyed it. I was disappointed in F&Os closing the kitchen before we got back though...and I blame The Watchmen for this.
    I learned the you can be a totally screwball child actor and come back 25 years later and be an awesome sociopath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed these.

    Word Verification: funct

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!