Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh, thank God it is over

2 - 10 wow, what can you really say? The only thing I can think to say is thank God it is over. I am a huge I-state fan/supporter but I couldn't handle anymore with this team. The Offense would play fine, the Defense wouldn't. The defense would put them into position to win and the special teams would fail. So close and yet so for away.

So let's remember what was:
South Dakota State: (W) 44-17. I-state did what they should do against a team from that conference.

Kent State: (W) 48-28. Two games in a row, a ton of points scored. Getting the feeling that this team might score at will.

Iowa: (L) 5-17. Wow, close game. Iowa returns that punt and that was the deal breaker. Hope for a good season still high.

UNLV: (L) 31-34 OT. Double WOW. At half time, the last 6 quarter of football from this team, this amazing offense from the beginning of the year has amassed a not so amazing 5 total points. Something happens at half time, the team come out hot. Scores with three seconds left to only be down one point. I scream go for 2, TWO TWO TWO TWO they kick and lose in OT on UNLV's first play. WOW WOW

KANSAS: (L) 33-35. UGH. I am starting to think that maybe I was wrong. Up 20 points they somehow find a way to get down. Onside kick get the ball only to fail again. I think I drank too much.

Baylor: (L) 10-38. Well it can't get much worse than this can it? I mean they can't lose them all.....

Nebraska: (L) 7-35. Sure seemed a lot closer than the score... not sure though.... drinking a lot at these games now... I am sure they will win at least one of these games....

aTm: (L) 35-49. HHMMM it was homecoming.... I was at this game.... memory really fuzzy... thought we tried to win, onside kick hit aTm player in the face, but they got the ball..... maybe shouldn't drink so much

Oklahoma State: (L) 17-59. In Mexico. While I am sure that won't win, they might cover the spread... let's check the internet Espinoza (that is Spanish for internet I think)..... nope, nothing good.... so many margaritas..

Colorado: (L) 24-28. I am so glad I was in Mexico when I jumped on Jamie Lou's blackberry in the Cancun airport. Don't think I could have handled seeing them fail to score with no time left.... getting drunk at a Bubba Gump in the airport.... the movie seems to be one repeat all the time... it is making me drink more.. I bet there is a high suicide rate here.

Missouri: (L) 20-52 Pretty sure they aren't going to win another game this year... I think We will go to Murhpy Waggoner's birthday party in Indianola instead.... wow that was a great choice... but there was an open bar.. makes it easy to forget the game.

Kansas State: (L) 30-38 A fumble on the 4 going in to score. over 600 yards of offense..... Thank God it is over... thank God it is Cassie's birthday and there will be beer.....

Hey, the Men's basketball team is 3-0 right now... Maybe there is a chance they will be good this year..... shoot me now.

1 comment:

  1. I know your pain...after last year's Iowa Stars hockey season,I was just "Get over already." Knew they weren't going to make the playoffs with almost two months left. It was hard going to every game knowing they were going to lose and it didn't matter if they won.
    The Chops are much better! They never give up. You should come sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!