Monday, October 31, 2011

Things I learned from the movie "50/50"

Went to the movie "50/50" a few weeks back and it was a nice little movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen.  Seth Rogen already made an unfunny version of this movie with Adam Sandler called oddly enough "Funny People"

I give the movie a B, and call it not for children under 16.  With that, here is what I learned:

  • I learned that at 50/50 if he were Vegas, he would have the best odds.

  • I learned that even though you don't drink or smoke and even wait for the crosswalk to say "walk" when you are out jogging, you still might get cancer.

  • I learned that you mother might have a hard time coping if you have cancer and you father has Alzheimer's at the same time.

  • I learned that you refusing to take your mother's calls during this time, might be a pretty dick move.

  • I learned that they tried to make his girlfriend out to be a monster, but I didn't feel she was that mean to him.

  • I learned that telling someone they can leave and don't have to be with you, might end up with you getting the opposite of what you wanted.

  • I learned that if you get a skinny rescue greyhound and you can see his bones, the only logical name for him is Skeletor.

  • I learned that after you get cancer that is the time to start smoking pot.

  • I learned that pot won't be yours by prescription, but your buddy's because he has bad night vision, something about the rods in his eyes.

  • I learned that telling women you have cancers is a good pick up line that you should get into as quickly as possible in a conversation.

  • I learned that is actually wrong and just is creepy.

  • I learned if you don't try and pick up chicks because of your cancer, your best friend will.

  • I learned that if you are writing a piece on a volcano, bust take a while to get it on the air, that volcano my just erupt.

  • I learned that if you seem pathetic enough you brand new shrink might fall for you.

  • I learned that your shrink might not like you throwing out her dinner with the rest of the trash from her car as you clean it out.

  • I learned what you are going through is probably normal, but that doesn't make it any better.

  • I learned if you are an artist and no one comes to your opening to buy anything, that is probably a bad thing.

  • I learned that it is probably a worse thing if your art is improved with a knife and fire.

  • I learned if you have a really bad cancer and the chemo doesn't help, they can do a surgery and tell you everything is fine a few hours later.

  • I learned that if you are putting ointments in to your friend's back wound you probably should not use you pinky finger, but the cotton swabs next to you.

  • And lastly I learned that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is looking a whole lot like Heath Ledger.
Next up, things I learned in the movie "Real Steel"


Song of the day, give the video a chance, it starts creepy and gets stranger from there.:

1 comment:

  1. mmm...Skrillex. Nice

    *I learned that even if you think you are fine...you really probably aren't.

    *I learned that you probably don't want to know what your friend uses his clippers for.

    *I learned that some doctors don't have a very good bedside manner and like to use really big words really fast (like Schwannoma Neurofibrosarcomas)...even though you are receiving horrible news.

    *I learned that young people and every celebrity beats cancer all the time like Tom Green, the guy from Dexter, Lance Armstrong, Patrick Swayze...oh wait.

    *I learned that you probably do want a macaroon.

    *I learned you might be hesitant if you are your therapist's number two patient.

    *I learned that sometimes you look like Voldemort after being on Chemotherapy.

    *I learned your therapist might not know who Doogie Howser is and ask if he works at this hospital if she is only 24.

    *I learned your therapists life might not be totally together...but that doesn't mean she can't do the job.

    *I learned that Seth makes segments that people actually want to listen to.

    *I learned that Seth & Adams boss really doesn't care if they are late.

    *I learned that sometimes there are really awkward moments at parties when you don't know what to say.

    *I learned that Skeletor is an excellent dog name.

    *I learned that you probably shouldn't let your friend, who doesn't know how to drive, drive...especially if emotionally fragile.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and feedback!